Traveling on a Tight Budget
Posted: May 31, 2017
Money seems to be one of the biggest factors that prevents people from traveling. But it doesn’t have to be that way. With the right knowledge and a certain bit of travel savvy, you can travel on a tight budget. Here’s how:
- Couchsurf – Couchsurfing is a service that allows you to stay for free with locals. Using this website or similar ones is the best way to lower accommodation costs.
- Hostel – If you are traveling solo, a hostel may be the most economical option for you. Not only are hostels inexpensive, but they are also a great place to meet fellow travelers.
- Airbnb – Airbnb is an online marketplace that lets you stay in people’s homes and apartments. It’s much cozier and cheaper than a hotel. Singles rooms and shared spaces can cost as little as $30-40 per night.
- Camping – Around all the national parks in the U.S. you’ll find inexpensive campsites. If you have a camper or tent, you’ll save tons by traveling near the parks.
- Cook Your Meals – One of the best ways to save money on the road is to cook your own meals instead of eating out every meal.
- Order Takeout – Ordering takeout instead of dining in a restaurant will minimizing tipping. Not to mention, you can picnic in a park and see double the sights!
- Free Museums and Events – Many museums offer occasional free or discounted admission throughout the week.
- Federal Recreation Pass – For $80, you and three adults will get a year of free entry to all national parks, national forests, wildlife refuges and more.
- Bus Travel – Bus travel is one of the cheapest means of transportation across the U.S. Greyhound Bus offers unlimited travel passes in seven to sixty-day increments. Airplanes may be faster, but the bus lets you see the country as you travel.
- Air Travel – Flying is the most common means of traveling long distances. Nearly every airline offers tickets at reduce prices on most flights, but you must know how to find the bargains. The lowest fares are normally offered on advance-purchase, round-trip tickets. Here’s a full guide on how to find cheap flights online.
- Ride Share – There are lots of ride share and carpooling resources online, where you can pay a small amount, or sometimes ride for free.
Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on money-saving tips, budgeting information, and fan/follower only discounts, deals and contests!
Borrow Money Now is a leading provider of fast and friendly financial services in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Missouri.